It was just one more day until her fiancé–fiancé, not boyfriend–was coming home.
Excited. Nervous. Terrified.
Those were among the myriad of emotions Sora was feeling in anticipation of Yamato’s return. It wasn’t just the thought of seeing him after seven months apart that was making her nervous–but also that, in two short months, she was going to be Mrs Sora Ishida.
She lifted her left hand, splayed out her fingers, and looked at her white gold engagement ring. It had a trio of princess cut diamonds in the centre, with smaller diamonds along the shoulders. It was perfect.
Yamato had proposed shortly after he had graduated from the National Defense Academy.
Ok here are the Captains of the ships I love . their knowledge is beyond compare.
Taiora: Angelrin89. ( special mentions to Baconator4ever)
Sorato: Jippy Kandi for her extensive knowledge of Sorato ( Special mention to Anditsaklee and weregarurumon for fanfiction and other contributions )
Taito: Cyclone5000 ( Special mentions to Inter and Bacon once more for fanart)
Lol, Emma. There’s no such thing as a ‘captain’ of any ship since everyone is free to enjoy their favourite characters/pairings in any way they want. You don’t need someone to tell you how to do that, and so the idea of assigning some sort of leader is not really necessary. A lot of people have made amazing contributions (those mentioned above plus many, many more) and obviously their efforts should be appreciated because they have helped to keep the digimon fandom alive even after all these years. But at the end of the day everyone is simply a fan looking to have fun and celebrate the same great show. No-one is any more or any less important than anyone else, and no-one needs to be ‘in charge’ of anything at all :)
It would be so pretentious of someone to want or assume a ‘captaincy’ position in the fandom.
I should quit the Sorato fandom and focus on my life.
alitstage asked: I've always wondered, what compelled you to start this blog? NOT THAT I DON'T LOVE EVERY SECOND OF IT.
For the following reasons (prepare for honesty):
- I love Sorato. I’ve always wanted to make a Sorato fansite, as far back as 2001, but I never had the time. You could say I “delayed” making one for over a decade. But, as I can no longer find Sorato fansites in English, I decided it was about time I made the website I’ve always wanted to.
- I actually just got back into the Sorato fandom in May of this year. For five years prior to that, all I did in the Digimon fandom was write Taito fanfics. I still read Sorato fanfics in that time, but I didn’t actively contribute anything because I figured, Sorato’s canon—and nothing will ever change that. But then …
- I got really tired of seeing Sorato hate—especially when it’s been over a decade since the series ended. And I don’t even mean Sorato hate on Taiora fansites (as if I’d go there …). I mean clicking on a Sorato music video on YouTube and seeing people bashing Sorato in the comments. I mean looking at Sorato fanart on DeviantArt and seeing people bashing Sorato in the comments. I mean reading a Sorato fanfic and seeing people bashing Sorato in the reviews. And not just bashing Sorato—but spreading lies and rumours about Sorato. And here’s the thing with me: I don’t care what other people ship. I personally don’t see the point of shipping non-canon ships—because they simply aren’t there to me—but to each their own. What bothers me though is when people fuck with canon. And I got tired of seeing too many people fucking with canon and purporting lies and rumours as truth. So I wanted to “set the record straight”—because even over a decade later, people still insisted on fucking with canon.
- I was really happy that Hiroyuki Kakudou confirmed that Sorato was planned from the series’ conception. I wanted as many Sorato fans as possible to know that—because we’d gotten a lot of shit from anti-Sorato fans over the years for shipping it. The irony being, of course, that Sorato was actually intended and exists in canon.
- Last but not least: I made this blog to fangirl Sorato. I love Sorato and I love meeting other fans who love it too. I especially love reading other fans’ thoughts on Sorato—and having my own thoughts echoed in their thoughts. Like, you saw that too? Awesome. ^_^
For whatever reason, Sorato just checks all the boxes for me when it comes to a relationship—and I mean that in way of an actual relationship, in addition to how it was portrayed in the series by the writers. Because I’ve watched a tonne of series where the canon couples are nice and all, but they weren’t “perfect” to me. And Sorato, for me personally, just is.
It’s the one relationship where I thought, holy shit, the writers actually got it right for once.
And thus why I started this blog.